Skip to main content

Love 😍

Why do you love me?
What is it in me?
Why do you love me,?
What is it you see?

Why do you love me?
So not let me leave?
What have I given you?
That might make you grieve?

Do you remember
The times that we smiled?
Is it those times that,
Our laughter was wild?

Is it because I,
Showed my love to you?
Is it because of,
The things that I do?

What are these things that,
One day you will share,
Things I have done and
The ways I have cared?

Is it your memory?
Which may fade,
But it is the things,
On which friendship is made?

Why if you love me?
Do I feel so alone?
If I am so loved,
Is it with pain I groan?

Why is it silent,
When for help I ask?
Why is loving me,
Such a huge task?

If loving me is hard?
So hard as you say,
Do you prevent me,
From escaping this way?

Why when your words,
Show you find me a chore,
Do you walk far away,
To be friends no more.

Why when you say,
You love me still?
My heart remains broken,
Now too broken to fill.

The whispers, the groans,
The gossip on the phone,
The closing of ranks,
The lacking of thanks
The back stabbing comments,
When I leave the room,
Do not help to lead me
Away from my doom.

When family blames you,
Your friends walk away,
When nobody includes you.
Why should you stay.

If you love someone,
Please let them know,
Tell them, tell them always,
Perhaps they won't go.

Perhaps you did love me,
Until it became tough,
It's not your fault,
You couldn't love enough.

Loving is hard,
Especially me,
When there isn't a reason,
That's easy to see.

I know it is not easy,
To have me as a friend,
I know there's not much,
Of me to love in the end.

Once you get through,
The serving tirelessly,
You realise I'm not who,
I made out to be.

But why did you love me?
What makes you make me stay?
Duty? Care? Appearances?
Please let me go away.

Let my children remember,
A mother they can love,
Not the person you know,
Who loving is so tough.

Let them have a memory,
Of a mother who,
Had some more to offer,
Than she offered you.

Let them think me kind,
Let them think me good,
Let me be remembered,
The way a mother should.

Loving me was difficult,
That I understand,
Nobody blames you,
For letting go of my hand.

But if you ever loved me,
Even for a while,
Please, please tell my children,
Why I made you smile.

I know I don't deserve,
Anything from you.
You found out too late,
Loving me was impossible to do.

If you ever loved me,
Let me go in peace,.
Don't drag me back from death,
To where love for me has ceased.

If you love me leave me,
Let me do what I must do,
Let me leave this world,
Before more harm I do.

If you love me show me.
Talk and laugh and smile,
Hold my hand, wipe my tears,
Our friendship not a trial.

If you love me come to me,
Don't stay far away,
Tell me why you love me,
Give me a reason to stay.

Let me see I'm worthy,
I'm not too much work to love,
Your life is better with me in,
Let me know just me is enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow a Poem.

Tomorrow is a new day, Full of new promises, When you rush through the day, Tomorrow is always there to say, Don't worry tomorrow it can be done, Tomorrow we can try again. Tomorrow's exciting promise, Every morning when you wake. A bit more time to finish today. More time to play They say Don't leave till tomorrow, Why you can do today. Sometimes tomorrow seems the same. Tomorrow is so different from today. No joy before you settle down, Tomorrow you'll still feel like you'll drown. What if tomorrow never came? What if today was the end. Would you regret the things you put off? Would you ponder if that phonecall, That text, that knock on the door, Shouldn't have been tomorrow's chore? Would you beg for another tomorrow? Would you mourn your yesterday. Today someone needs you. That phone call can't wait. A chat, a cuddle, a hand to hold, Responding may mean more than gold. So don't put it off, don't delay. Someone'

Mindfulness

Mindfulness is not new to me. When I was in 6th form and was suffering huge family upheaval (3 house moves in years, new baby, new step dad, new siblings, contact issues with birth father, mother with severe postnatal depression and step dad going (successfully) back to rehab) the school nurse was asked to help me with my anxiety levels. She talked me through what I later learned (10 years later) was a mindfulness body scan. I was reminded of this whenever I met an anxious mother and would talk them through this meditation. One day, whilst myself working as a school nurse I came across the nurse who taught me this technique. She didn't remember me, and was now working in mental health. A mother praised how I had helped her with relaxation techniques in a meeting we were both attending. I admitted after the meeting that it was this lady who had taught me when I was 17 and anxious. I revisited relaxation during my first pregnancy. Hideous hyperemesis     consumed me. My mood low a

Only you can save you

It was said kindly and it's true. Nobody can make me feel differently, except me. It lays heavy on my heart and has done all afternoon. I can't do it. I have tried. I have tried 'health visitor-ing' myself. I repeat scriptures over and over. I say to myself and my inner child that I am loved, lovable, precious and good enough. I have prayed for strength. I have prayed for peace. I've waited. I've tried my hardest to leave my pain, my shame, my failings at the foot of the cross. I listen to other Christians who repeat over and over I must trust God. That this will be OK, no brilliant, in the end. I say it over and over. Yet my heart is heavy. Not metaphorically either. It feels like a stone crushing my chest, restricting my breathing sometimes. It hurts. I know that none of you can pick me up and make this go away, even if you wanted to. Listening to me, holding me, it helps. It doesn't fix it though. I can't change my attitude towards myself. I do